Stay tuned for news and specials!
Enjoy the last of this warm Queensland weather we still have dates avaiable in April and May !
Look at our Facebook Page for specials
Want to know how you get to Moreton Island.
Please call on
(07) 3897 5000
for more information
Moreton Island Bed and Breakfast is right next door to us, so if you want to stay at The dolph Inn and wish to bring some extra friends they can be accomodated right next door. www.mibb.com.au
Want to get Married at Moreton Island we now have our very own Civil Marriage Celebrant on the island , check out weddingsmoretonisland.com.au/
Check us out on
Make sure you like us on Facebook
to get our special facebook offers.
Things to See and Do on Moreton Island
Moreton Island offers a wide range of things to see and do.
- Enjoy sunset down at the Bulwer wrecks with a glass of wine and watch the dolphins cruise by. Bulwer is one of the few places on the eastern seaboard of Australia where you can watch the sun set over the water!
- Snorkel the Bulwer and Tangalooma wrecks and be amazed by the sea life.
- Drive to Taylor Bight and try your luck at beach fishing. Taylor, Flathead, Dart, Whiting and Bream are the most popular catches.
- Pack a picnic lunch, camera and fishing rod and tour around the island.
- Visit the Cape Moreton lighthouse for a great view and photo opportunity.
- Try your luck fishing down the surf side of the island then down to Kooringal and stop off at the famous gutter bar (always checking available tides).
- Cape Moreton is a good viewpoint for watching marine life such as whales (from June to November), dolphins, sharks and turtles.
- Visit North Point and have a swim in the champagne pools.
- Walk along the beach at Honeymoon Bay, one of the most picturesque places on Moreton.
- Take a bushwalk walk on one of many signed walks throughout the island.
- Visit "the desert" and go tobogganing down the large sand dunes.
- Blue lagoon is a freshwater lake accessible from the surfside a wonderful place for a swim.
- If you are feeling really energetic walk up Mount Tempest, for panoramic 360 degree views of the island.
- Grab a book and a comfy chair and sit on the beach, read and enjoy the serenity Moreton has to offer.
The Dolph Inn Self Contained Moreton Island Accommodation
Copyright © The Dolph Inn 2009
Tourism Queensland images Copyright © Tourism Queensland 2009
Website by Accent Web Design
GO TO TOP